Monday, June 25, 2012

Ravioli in my chest!


Before I could begin my chemo I needed to get a port put directly into my chest. The best I can describe it as is a hard piece of plastic that feels like a ravioli noodle.

I went to the Huntsman Cancer Institute, and they sent me to the radiology department. I was given some medication to help me relax. The medication didn't put me all the way to sleep just sort-of asleep. They then made an incision and inserted the ravioli in my chest. From there they put a line from the ravioli up through a vein in my neck. They then leave a line sticking through the ravioli and out of my chest so that I could start the chemotherapy the next day...

3 comments:

  1. mmm, you're making me so hungry.

    Hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick~ we haven't spoken in years because of where life's adventures have taken us, so I hope you don't mind that I decide now to bug you :) I've read each of your blog entry's ~loved your great sense of humor and the way you are handling this new twist in your life. You are a true inspiration and wonderful example to those of us who are on the outside looking in. Know you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. Best wishes to you, you good old hunting dog you. Wendy Pugh Clark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...next time I eat Ravioli, I will be thinking of you! Send me your email address...or text me it. I can invite you to read my blog.

    ReplyDelete